Re: [TowerTalk] Low Cost 20 Foot Mast

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Low Cost 20 Foot Mast
From: "Bob, W3IDT" <w3idt@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 14:35:48 -0400
Chain link fence top rail and posts come in a variety diameters and wall thicknesses; check with a real fence construction company not HD or Lowes.

Bob, w3idt

. Robert F. Teitel, W3IDT   .
.                           .
. W3IDT@arrl.net            .
. W3IDT@comcast.net         .

On 10/24/2020 9:51 PM, n0tt1@juno.com wrote:
Assuming "light weight" rotors....you'll still need to guy...
Chain link fence "top rail"?  10' lengths at Home Depot.  Cross-bolt
together.  An "outer guy" near the top can run to a ~3ft "stiff arm" near
the
10ft level and then straight down to ground or to the base itself.
The other two guys can go to your shed, spread out ~120 deg.

73,
Charlie, N0TT