Re: [TowerTalk] CUSHCRAFT XM-240

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CUSHCRAFT XM-240
From: Tyler Stewart via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 20:43:44 +0000 (UTC)
Mine is set mid-band.  The Swr gets fairly high at the bottom 25kc.  Fine for a
typical tube amp.  Marginal for an Alpha87 or similar.  It still performs fine
there.  I’ve never tried stacking a pair.
The beefed up 402CD is a strong antenna.  No truss, little sag, and it’s only
been rebuilt once in 25 years for the coils getting naked. Of course the Moxon
design is better but I’d look carefully for interaction on 15.
73, Ty K3MM

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
 On Wednesday, November 4, 2020, Bill via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>