Re: [TowerTalk] CUSHCRAFT XM-240

To: "'towertalk@contesting.com'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CUSHCRAFT XM-240
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 16:26:37 -0800
My 40m W6NL Moxon has a 1.5:1 swr dip at 26.8 Mhz.

Grant KZ1W

On 11/4/2020 14:31, john@kk9a.com wrote:
If I recall correctly the Moxon is resonant closer to 10m than 15m. The
Moxon's elements are a lot larger than the normal shorty-forty beam. If you
want a reduced size 40m element, I think loading coils are the best option.
Here is an interesting web page on Cushcraft's coils:
https://www.qsl.net/ve6wz/CC_coil.htm

John KK9A

Tyler Stewart k3mm at verizon.net

Mine is set mid-band.  The Swr gets fairly high at the bottom 25kc.  Fine
for a typical tube amp.  Marginal for an Alpha87 or similar.  It still
performs fine there.  I've never tried stacking a pair.
The beefed up 402CD is a strong antenna.  No truss, little sag, and it's
only been rebuilt once in 25 years for the coils getting naked. Of course
the Moxon design is better but I'd look carefully for interaction on 15.
73, Ty K3MM

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
  On Wednesday, November 4, 2020, Bill via TowerTalk <towertalk at