Re: [TowerTalk] Feed Point Choke Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Feed Point Choke Question
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2020 11:06:43 -0800
The difficulty with what you're suggesting is that the RF noise environment is continuously changing, as we, and our neighbors, purchase new appliances and devices, as more of us install solar systems, as components of the power system degrade.

Two of my neighbors, at roughly 60 degrees and 130 degrees azimuth produce a lot of noise, at least part of it from solar systems. This summer, I replaced one 7-el 30 ft 6M yagi with another that has a better controlled pattern. As I rotate it, I find the noise falling a bit between the two directions, and when I go far off axis, it is at the level of circuit noise. In this time of COVID, approaching either of those neighbors to address the noise is hardly an option. :)

73, Jim K9YC