Re: [TowerTalk] Need ideas for 80m Vertical Foldover Base

To: RVZ <rlvz@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need ideas for 80m Vertical Foldover Base
From: Haring family <dcharing@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 18:30:55 -0500
Dick

With your plan, you'll have a lot of shear across your insulators when
letting down the antenna/tower.

Since it's so light of an assembly, here's another idea: mount something
like 2 ea 6x6's on either side, set into a good amount of concrete in a
hole. Bore a hole through both 6x6's, sleeve the holes with teflon or PVC,
and then put your shaft (may need to make a larger diameter one) through
that. On the unsupported corner, you'll need a pier (a 4x4 in concrete)
with teflon or fiberglass on top of it - for that corner to rest on. Then
you're insulated from ground, can series-feed it, and won't have shear
across unsupported nonmetallic insulators.

Good luck!

regards,

Dave Haring N3AC
Forest, VA