Re: [TowerTalk] DIGITAL CONTROLLER

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DIGITAL CONTROLLER
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 11:35:05 -0800
On 12/25/2020 11:26 AM, Al Kozakiewicz wrote:
For this type of operation (no moon bounce or satellite tracking) I wouldn't
think I'd need the antenna to change direction for every QSO, especially during
a contest; certainly not a very precise direction; and so I'm wondering if I'm
missing an opportunity here.

You're not missing a thing. If I'm running and someone calls me, I only move (or switch) antennas if I think I will have trouble copying the exchange. When S&P, only when I'm not being heard or want to work stations in a different direction.

73, Jim K9YC