Re: [TowerTalk] DIGITAL CONTROLLER

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DIGITAL CONTROLLER
From: Dave - W3NP <w3np@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 15:04:54 -0500
As Jim said, your not missing anything on HF. The only reason I have the RT-21 with 1 degree resolution is for the speed ramp up/down feature for the longevity of my tower and yagi. I only change my antenna direction if I feel it is absolutely necessary to work a station.  Otherwise, I just keep it pointed in the general direction of interest and sometimes not even pointed anywhere in particular. I will occasionally switch to my big 160 meter horizontal loop to check signal difference. Most HF yagis are not that sharp in pattern/beam width.

I believe the topic of Digital Controller started with a query as to which one might be recommended.  I actually prefer the look of an analogue meter as I get a better sense of relative direction as opposed to seeing a heading number....but I am old and I guess old school as well.

73, Dave  W3NP