Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Advice

To: "Joseph B. Fitzgerald" <jfitzgerald@alum.wpi.edu>, Tom Wylie <thomasgwylie@gmail.com>, TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Advice
From: w6rgs <w6rgs@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 15:16:38 -0800
Hello, TomTo help with reassembly, I made a stand.Take a top from a box of
paper reams.Cut a piece of 3/4" wood to fit snuggly in the box.Get a 2"×8"
galvanized pipe nipple and a floor flange for 2" pipe.Center and screw the
flange into the wood and screw the nipple onto the flange. Mount your rotator
upside down on the nipple.Much easier to work on AND if you drop some ball
bearings (everyone does, eventually) they'll stay within the box lid.As far as
aligning, that's done before disassembly by using a marker to make lines on the
bottom, the base and the bell to show position.73. Bill W6RGS
-------- Original message --------From: "Joseph B. Fitzgerald"
<jfitzgerald@alum.wpi.edu> Date: 12/29/20  11:36  (GMT-08:00) To: Tom Wylie
<thomasgwylie@gmail.com>, TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com> Subject: Re:
[TowerTalk] Rotator Advice I followed the procedure in this manual a couple of
months back and it worked just
fine:http://www.radiomanual.info/schemi/ACC_rotator/CDE_HAM-4_user_W0MTU.pdfde
KM1P Joe________________________________________From: TowerTalk
<towertalk-bounces@contesting.com> on behalf of Tom Wylie
<thomasgwylie@gmail.com>Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2020 2:29 PMTo:
TowerTalkSubject: [TowerTalk] Rotator AdviceI have refurbished an old Ham IV
and now am in the proces ofre-assembling it.   What is the correct way to align
the Bell Housing sothat the rotator will be on an end stop.   I cannot find any
assemblyinstructions nor Youtube videos which cover this part.   I just
wonderedif there were any specific tricks or pitfalls to be avoided, once
Istart withg the grease and ballbearings.   I had a fault with the wedgebrake
which now appears to be free and working
 mailing
listTowerTalk@contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/towertalk______________________________________________________________________________________________TowerTalk