Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259 - reuse or replace

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259 - reuse or replace
From: Les Kalmus <w2lk@bk-lk.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 21:07:00 -0500
I would replace it. They don't cost much and there's no point playing around with a PL-259 that has already arced over. It will do it again regardless of how well you think you have cleaned/restored it. Replace the barrel too to be on the safe side.

Always use the highest quality connectors you can afford because you don't want to save a small amount on a point of failure that will stop you from operating all that expensive gear and which will prevent you from doing what you set up your station to do in the first place, like contest.

Les W2LK