Re: [TowerTalk] ZS6BKW on 160m in a cold climate

To: "'K9MA'" <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ZS6BKW on 160m in a cold climate
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 19:14:37 -0400
Thanks Scott.

All: I apologize for the non-related message tagged onto the very bottom of my
original post.

We were talking about contesting and also antennas over on the MCC forum and I
did a poor job editing that out.

I have deleted it out in this reply.

I will reiterate or restate in a different way, that I am not so worried about
the matching on 160m.  With a little help with friends like Scott, K9MA and
others here, I am sure it can be done…even in a travelling road show scenario
where I’ll need wiggle room due to a different setup than home, ground
conductance, height achievable etc, but my main concern is a fixed switch box
at the end of the twin lead & snow/ice.  Does the 4-5’ pipe seem like a viable
option?

I am sure there are dozens of you that have done this with dipoles, doublets
etc.  but how many have done it that also get lots of ice/snow and how did you
solve that without the whole thing blowing apart?

Tnx

aa

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB