Re: [TowerTalk] Wire Antenna Supports

To: <wa5rtg@gmail.com>, "'Michael Poteet'" <mcpoteet@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wire Antenna Supports
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@largeriver.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 22:10:11 -0600
I have an old Ezway 40 foot crank up/tilt over tower that is mounted on what
they call a "Wonder post".
The post is about 4 or 5 inches in diameter (steel) and 9 or 10 feet long.
About 5 feet goes in the ground in a hole that you dig with a post hole
digger. No concrete involved.
There are 4 fins at the bottom and at the top where it is in the ground
about a foot below the surface. These fins are aprox 8 inches long by 6
inches high as I remember. These keep the pipe from overturning in the
ground.

The tower mounts to a hinge at the top of the pipe which is about 4 or 5
feet above ground. A small winch tilts it over easily. Another winch to
crank up the telescoping part.

Very easy to install and very strong. I have had it up in Florida thru
hurricanes and now in Wisconsin the the cold. It has never moved in the
ground.

The manual for Ezway is on the boatanchors manual site. The tower is no
longer made but could be easily duplicated.
http://bama.edebris.com/download/ezway/rbs40/rbs40.pdf

This manual doesn't show the ground post well but maybe a google will turn
up a better diagram.

73
Gary  K4FMX