Re: [TowerTalk] Cable Work

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cable Work
From: Richard Smith <n6kt1@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 23:12:49 +0000 (UTC)
 John or Wayne,
Do you have a photo or sketch of your preferred installation method?
73, Rich, N6KT
    On Friday, February 26, 2021, 01:34:12 PM PST, john@kk9a.com
<john@kk9a.com> wrote:

 This reminded me of a pressed sleeve failure on a wire rope that I once had
with a brand new Telrex beam. Since then I have not trusted them. Anyway I
think non-metallic Phillystran is a much better choice for a boom trusses, I
use stainless steel cable clamps with mine instead of Big Grips.

John KK9A

Wayne Kline w3ea wrote:
WL.
  I also have used the  alunimum double barrel press  sleeves from Tractor
Supply.  I have used them for Boom Supports  and  end post  corner  supports..
I  have has failures    on my f-12  30/40 meter beam the boom truss  failed ☹
 I have since gone back to the phillystran and SS cable clamps..

Wayne W3EA ,