Re: [TowerTalk] Antennas for SO2R station

To: "[TowerTalk]" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antennas for SO2R station
From: JVarney <jvarn359@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2021 11:57:40 -0800
Well, no, 100 kHz is intraband and the lesser blocking number is not what
causes
the 7300 to be incompatible out of the box with SO2R or Field Day.  It's
not harmonic bands,
it's adjacent bands, because the internal BPF shoulders slope too gently,
allowing the
receiver to go into OVF.  If we're talking about a multi, SO2R or Field Day
setup
then the primary focus is on improving interband rejection.  External BPFs
will fix the intraband
issue but won't improve the 100 kHz numbers, obviously.

73 Jim K6OK