[TowerTalk] Wind noise

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wind noise
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 16:45:14 +0000
I have a short tower bracketed to the house adjacent to my shack. See QRZ page.
C3, 6M3 and 2M7. I have a low frequency noise when the wind blows and I suspect
the C3 is the source. Sounds like an airplane is flying close by. Rotating the
antenna so that it is perpendicular to the wind direction diminishes the volume
somewhat.

It is not a huge deal, but I'd like to keep the antenna pointed into the wind
when it blows. Is there any simple way to eliminate or cut down on the noise?

Al
AB2ZY