Re: [TowerTalk] Downhill Beverage

To: Gary Johnson <gwj@wb9jps.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Downhill Beverage
From: VE6WZ Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 16:11:52 -0600 (MDT)
Gary,

All but 2 of my 15 Beverages run downhill from my remote station which is also
on the crest of a hill.
They are not BOGs, but 800-1000’ wires about 8-10’ above ground. They perform
exceptionally well, but that can only be anecdotal, since I have no way to A-B
test.
It seems to me, that a Beverage on a downslope is likely to enhance the low
angle performance.

I don’t think you will be disappointed.  Can you not run longer elevated wires?

Detail of my Beverage installation and some video links can be found on my
QRZ.com page.

73, de steve ve6wz

From Babcocks iPhone