Re: [TowerTalk] 160 RECEIVE ANTENNAS

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160 RECEIVE ANTENNAS
From: Randy Farmer <w8fn@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 13:09:14 -0400
I've had very good results using a pair of the Unified Microsystems BevFlex-4X reversible beverages. Mine are installed in a heavily wooded area. They're made from standard RG6Q coax and thus are much less fragile than conventional wire beverages. Since they're bidirectional, you only need two at right angles for essentially 360° coverage. They also have the advantage of being able to locate the feedpoint anywhere along the length of the antenna.

73...
Randy, W8FN