Re: [TowerTalk] 80m shunt and 160m shunt mounted on same tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m shunt and 160m shunt mounted on same tower
From: Gene Smar via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:28:47 -0400
Ted:

    On my 64 foot tower  I've got a shunt feed for 160M and a half-sloper wire (1/4 WL) for 80M on adjacent faces.  They're not both shunt feeds, I realize, but this should give you some reassurance that you can use your tower as a radiating element on separate bands.  I don't run an amp here so my series cap for 160M is a bread slicer variable in a plastic show box-like container.

     Good luck and let us know how it all turns out for you.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F