Re: [TowerTalk] New tool - toroidal ferrite core inductor calculator

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New tool - toroidal ferrite core inductor calculator
From: Dan Maguire <danac6la@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 15:07:52 -0700
Dave Hachadorian wrote:
>>> It's quite interesting working with the choke calculator, but I notice that
>>> the Rs values differ significantly from K9YC's Choke Cookbook.

Jim's Cookbook data assumes "worst case" for any given configuration,
meaning that if you happen to use a core with "less than optimal"
permeability characteristics your |Z| and R response will still meet
the Cookbook limits.

It would have been nice to be able to calibrate to tool to the
Cookbook raw measurements but Jim was unable to supply that data.  The
only sweep data that Jacek, SP3L, had available are the three samples
shown as png screen grabs on pg of the Cookbook.

Dan, AC6LA