Re: [TowerTalk] Joining two perpendicular wires

To: "'Mark - N5OT'" <r-emails@n5ot.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Joining two perpendicular wires
From: <azneil@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 15:45:49 -0700
My Dad used split bolts on our dipoles, which were hung in the top of pine
trees. And I subsequently built my first 40 meter dipole with them back in the
early '60s. As far as I remember we never had a failure at that joint. (my Dad
used to also coat them with "High Voltage Dope", which acted to keep them out
of the weather. There are probably other solutions as well, but as Mark said,
Hey! They work!

73 & DX!
Neil, K7WK