Re: [TowerTalk] Joining two perpendicular wires

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Joining two perpendicular wires
From: "Lux, Jim" <jim@luxfamily.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 06:34:06 -0700
On 7/12/21 6:26 AM, Steve London wrote:
  This may seem to be an easy problem, but the solutions I have tried have
not held up.

I need to electrically and mechanically join 2 perpendicular pieces of
bare, #12 copper wire. They will be subject to wind forces which have
repeatedly broken mere solder joints.

Suggestions ?

As wise folks long ago said "solder isn't structural"..

What about wrapping a smaller wire around the join (like lashing), and then soldering for making the electrical contact.

Or,

Small split bolts?
https://www.elecdirect.com/split-bolts-grounding-products/split-bolt-connectors/copper-alloy-2-conductors-16-str-8-str

Brazing or silver solder (hard solder *is* structural)

I'm assuming you can't twist the two wires at the join.