[TowerTalk] 2 element yagi direct feed

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 2 element yagi direct feed
From: N4IJ <dougn4ij@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 20:44:52 -0400
I have a friend that wanted a small yagi for 10m and wanted direct feed
with no beta or gamma feed for simplicity.

I found some old Hygain element to boom clamps I had as surplus.
To make a long story short, I didn't have any of the Hygain insulators so I
tried, as an experiment, just a rubber sleeve, about 1/8 inch thick to
insulate the driven element from the clamp.  In testing, the  resonance was
way to high (200khz) from basic modeling I did, and impedance was more than
100 ohms. Modeling showed should be close to 50 ohms.

Question is, do you think I introduced series capacitance to the dipole,
raising the freq? This is all I could think of, since the Hygain insulators
have a fairly thick spacing between the element and the clamp.

73 Doug N4IJ