Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: Radials on ground v FCP

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: Radials on ground v FCP
From: Lee Hiers <lee.hiers@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 16:35:05 -0500
Back 20-ish years ago I used to operate from W4WA.  Ron had a full-size 1/4
wave made of Rohn 25, with a homemade insulator at 20'.  He had 20-22
resonant radials (I don't recall the exact number) evenly spaced at that
height.  It worked pretty well.

73 de Lee, AA4GA

The radials need to be high, at least 20 feet as one or two