Re: [TowerTalk] Broadcast Band AM Transmiiter Intererence on 160M

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Broadcast Band AM Transmiiter Intererence on 160M
From: "Lux, Jim" <jim@luxfamily.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 14:09:09 -0800
On 1/30/22 1:57 PM, Mike Ryan wrote:
  There have to be dozens of readers here who have or HAVE HAD AM broadcast
AM radio interference on 160m and even on 80m. I found some old
contributions to the subject where the DLW filter was suggested. I have a
friend who uses one by K7FP.  I wonder if anyone would care to share their
experience here. I need to pick up something asap but before buying I just
thought I would ask for feedback on actual experience with any brand or kind
of filter.  By FAR my greatest offender is at 1420AM which is less than one
mile from my qth.   Thanks.   - Mike, K4CVL

What about a tuned trap for 1420?  A 365 pF tuning capacitor and a ferrite loopstick for L. (in a box, so the loopstick isn't a tuned antenna))