Re: [TowerTalk] Loading guy wires

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Loading guy wires
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 16:01:17 -0700
"and the angle between the dipole legs may be less than desirable."

I ran into this.

I had an inverted V design, that would allow me to switch between N-S, and E-W.

Mid-stream, I doubled the height of my supporting structure, without compensating, which causes the V's radiate in a vertical polarization with 1dB difference between N-S, and E-W, and that's only due to foliage near one leg.

Bloody stupid, and expensive mistake. If nothing else, it's an elaborate vertical with radiating guy wires.

Kurt