Re: [TowerTalk] Loading guy wires

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Loading guy wires
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 16:39:49 -0700
A number of big guns have towers with selectable directional guys and there are different antenna configurations - dipole, loaded dipole, counter fed towers, 1/4wl slopers, ..

For towers with HF yagis, one risk is the guy antenna resonances disturbing the yagi pattern. Plus determining and modifying the tower resonance with the top loading.

K3LR and W3LPL have made presentations at Dayton, mostly about top band antennas, but the idea scales. See also ON4UN and the ARRL antenna book for examples. Check the K3LR.com/dayton talks also.

Greg Ordy W8WWV has much to say about inverted V's hung on towers, but non-conductive guys are very desirable.
http://seed-solutions.com/gregordy/Amateur%20Radio/

Grant KZ1W

On 9/17/2022 14:11, dave arruzza via TowerTalk wrote:
Sounds good.

     On Saturday, September 17, 2022 at 12:23:27 PM EDT, KD7JYK DM09
<kd7jyk@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I think some of it could be used as a radiator.
Opinions / comments please

That's what I do.  I'll send some pics direct.

Kurt