Re: [TowerTalk] Portable soldering iron

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Portable soldering iron
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 08:52:55 -0400
Out in the field, I've been using a Weller P2KC butane iron.  As Pete
explained, the flame stays contained within the tip.  Its construction is very
solid but like all soldering devices, it's susceptible to tip cooling from the
wind.  The flame doesn’t burn out, just tip cooling.  I'm always contorting
myself against the wind to get decent solder flow.

Paul, W9AC