Re: [TowerTalk] Chokes, toroids and coax (Oh my!)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Chokes, toroids and coax (Oh my!)
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 09:54:21 -0700
On 10/4/2022 9:39 AM, Jim W7RY wrote:
I recommend RG-400. It has a stranded center conductor vice the RG-142, which is a solid conductor. RG-400 is easier to wind and stays put.

Thanks, Jim. I forgot to respond to this in my reply. Again, if you STUDY the doc, which you clearly have, you learn that the stranded center of RG400 is critical for power handling (to avoid voltage breakdown from migration of the center conductor from of the very tight bend radius).

73, Jim K9YC