Re: [TowerTalk] Peak Voltage at the tips of ants ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Peak Voltage at the tips of ants ?
From: Haring family <dcharing@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 13:11:29 -0400
Re: voltage at the end of an antenna

I just re-ran a dipole at 7 MHz with 1 amp source, to see how it responded.
Here are my recent notes:

1. Run everything with a Mininec ground. I used uninsulated 12 AWG copper
for elements.
2. L-networks don't radiate, and I couldn't connect them to the end of the
antenna. So I used lots of segments on the antenna, and put the network on
an adjacent segment.
3. I used R=.0001 in the Series line, and Series configuration. On the
Parallel line, I used Parallel config.
4. Line 2 was a 1' grounded vertical with 3 segments.
5. Source 2 was on Wire 2 at the 50% location, with I=0 and a Current
Source.
6. I used EZNEC to look at results. I had about 70 volts at Source 1 (the
center feed), and 346 volts on Source 2.
7. You could stick sources like this all along the antenna if you watched
your segmentation. I haven't tried it, and can't immediately see how to do
that without duplicating on small verticals and no-load L-networks.

regards,

Dave N3AC

If you're using AutoEZ - Dan, AC6LA, can make sing, and can probably
extract that source voltage for Source 2. If he told me, I forgot how so
looked at EZNEC itself.