Re: [TowerTalk] More friction needed

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More friction needed
From: David Gilbert <ab7echo@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 16:14:32 -0700

Personally, I think the idea of using multiple U-bolts is the best way to go.  As Rick says, the K7NV design doesn't really offer much additional surface area if the mast isn't perfect.  I welded a piece of channel iron perpendicular to a plate and drilled holes for eight U-bolts in the channel iron.  It holds great in spite of twister winds that reach 80 - 100 mph here in the spring and when they hit the tower head on the torque from the twister combines.

I stole the design from a commercially available unit, but I can't find the source for it anymore.

73,
Dave   AB7E