Re: [TowerTalk] More friction needed

To: "'towertalk@contesting.com'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More friction needed
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 17:26:11 -0800
Bolt the two clamp sections to a lathe faceplate and bore them to the mast diameter. Remove enough material to enlarge the contact area and insure the bore is true to the bases. Use grade 8 bolts and use a torque wrench to max spec torque for the size bolt. Repeat this tightening 3 times.

The clamp bore as cast wasn't straight to the machined base and only a few "points" would have made contact in the 2800 I have turning a 375# 100ft tip to tip 2L 80m beam. Now it doesn't slip.

Grant KZ1W