Re: [TowerTalk] Add on 3" mast brake?

To: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Add on 3" mast brake?
From: Jim Kinney <jimkinney@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 14:41:08 -0500
My son's Audi SQ5, had an electrically operated parking brake built in to the
caliper. Might be available in other models.  You might check the junk yards,
or even auto parts stores.
Shouldn't be hard to build a bracket for the caliper, or an adapter for the
brake rotor.
You could cut the rotor in half to mount around the mast so you don't have to
lift mast/antenna.   Bevel the edge of the cut to ease it thru the caliper
during high speed contest operation.

73, Jim WE4S

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​