K3WW NAQP Score

Charles Fulp k3ww at fast.net
Sun Aug 4 23:11:57 EDT 1996

Loaned my station to WN3K, so he could see how domestic contest
challenged I am.

After watching all the action for a few minutes here and there,
I couldn't resist grabbing my trusty QRP plus and running out
to the VAN.  Truly the K3WW home station has a GREAT signal when
you are setting in the shadow of the tower.

I worked WN3K on 6 bands, he kindly QSYed when I answered his CQs.

I worked KM9P on 2 bands using 2 watts to a 10/15 meter hustler,
with high SWR (especially on 20 meters...what ears Bill has)

I worked AC1O on 15 meters...also GREAT ears, and K4PQL on 15
as well (I knew him whan his name was Howie), Also grabbed NA5Q
on 20 meters, pretty impressive listening Larry!.

W5UW got my call but Im pretty sure he gave up after a few
attempts at the name and QTH.

SCORE  10 QSOS   10 Mults...???? points...I logged by hand
and don't know how to score the NAQP...probably 100 or 200 points.

If I were running much more than 60/hour and someone I didn't know,
or need on other bands wanted to QSY, I probably would wait til later.
However, I think most of the ops around here can be worked on 6 bands
in less than 2 minutes, which exceeds my lowpower rate most of
the time.  I also had no problem finding clear frequencies...at
least they sounded clear on the mobile whip, so loosing a run was not
comparable to what happens when you try to swallow a bite of food
between 20 meter SSB DX test QSOS.

73 Chas k3ww
http://www.users.fast.net/~k3ww