Blowup

Geoff Howard ghoward at kent.edu
Mon Aug 19 23:14:48 EDT 1996

Hope Winnepeg is/was/will be a good trip. Also hope Monday and
Tuesday with Kris were all that you hoped they would be.

We are back at the Days Inn in Tempe, getting ready to fly out in
the morning. We stayed at Luke Thursday night, the Hilton
on Friday/Saturday, and at Davis/Monthan AFB on Sunday night.
Saw a lot of neat stuff in Tucson, and then did Biosphere 2 today
(Monday) which was GREAT!!

A warning: Cindy blew up Saturday night when she got the phone
message from Karin. Anger first, then a lot of tears. She has had
it with Karin, and does not ever want to see her or even talk to
her again. She was very, VERY angry and hurt at the fact that K
completely ignored our invitation to take you guys out for
our anniversary dinner. She was equally mad at the way she obviously
concealed where you guys were staying. She is VERRRRY furious, and
Karin can consider herself permanently divorced from the Howards.
Cindy has tried to be patient with her for a long time, as far
back as whan Karin had her in tears in Key West, and now she has
simply had it. And guess what? She said she thinks Karin is
an absolute "witch" and that you should quit wasting your time and
energy and just divorce her. Says that K is just "using" you for
a safety net and for support. How's that for strong talk?

Be clear: Cindy has no, none, ZERO beef with you! She had a ball with
you, likes you a LOT, more and more every time, and would very
much like to stay in touch with you and do trips together, etc.
But with a different partner than Karin.

Sorry to bring you bad news, but I thought you should know about
this before you hear about it second-hand. Not sure if she is going
to call K, or e-mail her, or what, but my advice is to keep your
head down. Karin is, in her opinion, irretrieveably maladjusted,
and she salutes you for your patience all this time. She does know
that, to some extent, you have another gal-friend (I have only
told her small parts) and she understands why you have taken up
with someone else. The churchgoer in her does not approve, but the
human in her approves completely.

You should have HEARD the strong language she used about K.

Keep in touch!