W5XX 160 Score

malcolm keown w5xx at vicksburg.com
Tue Dec 10 21:49:37 EST 1996

W5XX  SO/HP

Score - 181,487  QSOs - 883  Pts - 1871  Sec - 77  DX - 20

Rig:  FT-1000D to Clipperton    Antenna:  Phased Verticals

Things were going pretty good until the QRN moved in at 0500 on Friday
night.  I was watching the Weather Channel at that time and noticed a band
of thunderstorms breaking out in North Alabama.  The thunderstorms finally
went away, but the QRN stayed around until just about the same time Saturday
Night.

Worked 49 States and 77 sections.  I was robbed ..... where were you
Montana?  Maybe I didn't suffer enough.  Some folks operated over 30 hours,
and I was only on for 20.  I guess I wasn't deserving, but I had to do a
Christmas Parade on Saturday Morning and a Church Cantata on Saturday
Evening. Wait til January.

There were a few highlights.  VY1JA called me on 80 during the SS, and I was
absolutely astounded.  Now he calls me on 160 ..... maybe I'm a little
deserving. Also first time I've had a simultaneous 160 pile up on me from
the West Coast and Europe.  That does great things for your where-with-all.

Y'all have a Merry Christmas de W5XX.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com