wa8yrs 160mtr Stew Perry, solp

Donald Russell drussell at knox.net
Sun Dec 29 16:04:14 EST 1996

     Call used: WA8YRS                                       Location: EN80

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: CW              Power: 100W

     Callsign of Operator: WA8YRS

      Exchanged Information: WA8YRS EN80

     Hours of Operation: 03:00

     band      QSOs     points

     160        101        186

     TOTAL      101        186   X   02 (100W MULT) =  372

Commnets:

Okay, I didn't break down and buy new software for this contest just
yet!  My work schedule dictated a limited operationg time.  Therefore,
my score is hand calculated based on a grid to grid distance program
I just happen to have had.  Reader Beware!!!  Got to try out a new
antenna (linear loaded sloper out of the ant. book) and it work okay.
I was able to run some, but also s&p'd.  About 50/50.  Only a few
stations didn't come back to me at all (west coast), and most on the
first call.  Been looking for a low profile 160 mtr antenna for casual
operating.  This may be it!  I think the exchange was more of a challenge
than most anticapated. EN80 hits you pretty fast.  Lots of repeats if sent
only once.  I didn't send any rst's, but maybe it should be required if
nothing more than to get some rythm in the exchange.  Wait til next year!

     I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations for
     amateur radio  in my country.  My report  is correct and true to the
     best of my knowledge.  I agree  to be bound by  the decisions of the
     contest committee.

     Name: DONALD J. RUSSELL               Call: WA8YRS
           815 BROOKWOOD RD
           MT. VERNON, OH 43050
drussell at knox.net

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com