AB6FO CW Sprint Results

KWIDELITZ at delphi.com KWIDELITZ at delphi.com
Mon Feb 12 23:29:42 EST 1996

  AB6FO Sprint, High Power

     band      QSOs     points
      80         88         88
      40        122        122
      20         63         63
     TOTAL      273        273   X   46 multipliers  =  12,558

A personal best score, with a personal best 79 first hour. I felt
like  I  was really in a zone the first 90 minutes.  I  used  two
radios  for the first time in a sprint. It worked great  when  40
was  just  opening and I could bounce between 20 and 40,  but  it
didn't  work too well for me when 40 was about worked out and  80
wasn't in on the west coast yet. I didn't hear any mults I didn't
work, but then again I didn't work N2IC at all and he had 315 QSOs.

Highlight:
Working K6LL at 0147 and being up 5 Qs on Dave.
Lowlight:
Working K6LL at 0352 and being down 29 Qs from Dave.

Helpful Hint:

I  always  thought  picking  up multipliers  in  the  sprint  was
serendipitious,  but the accomplished sprinters told me no  so  I
tried  a  strategy  that worked twice for  new  mults.  When  the
station that would have the frequency was signing his call at the
end of the QSO, I put in a quick WV UP 2 and called CQ up 2.  The
WV station came right back.

Questions for the accomplished sprinters:

Do you have a favorite pair of frequencies or separation for  VFO
A/VFO  B bouncing? Do you think it is important to move from  the
edge of activity to the middle of activity?

73. Ken, AB6FO, KWIDELITZ at DELPHI.COM