N3BDA ARRL DX CW

Glenn D. O'Donnell gdo at aloft.att.com
Tue Feb 20 11:23:15 EST 1996

Here's the scoop from N3BDA for the ARRL DX CW contest:

      Call: N3BDA                    Category: SOLP

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES
      160        0        0   0.0        0
       80       32       96   3.0       21
       40       39      117   3.0       22
       20       61      183   3.0       32
       15       11       33   3.0        8
       10        0        0   0.0        0
     --------------------------------------
     Totals    143      429   3.0       83  =   35,607

This may be a miserable score for most of you, but I'm THRILLED!  I'm
a slowpoke on CW, but this marks my first real effort in a CW contest.
It took me a while to get each QSO because I had to listen to the exchange
a few times to get it right.  Once I got everything I needed, I was surprised
with my success rate at getting the QSO in the log.  My weenie station
doesn't do nearly as well in SSB contests.

One problem I had:
A lot of people responded to me as N3BNA since he's rather well known in
contest circles and I'm not.  Hopefully, I'll get a nice, new callsign soon
and that won't be a problem anymore.  I'll probably wind up getting confused
with yet another famous contester, HI!

Equipment:  IC-736 (100W) into an 80m dipole at 30 feet.

New, hot antennas are coming soon.  I think I'm really gonna like these CW
contests.  CU in the next contest (regardless of mode!)

Vy 73 de Glenn, N3BDA (soon W3?? or K3?? or N3??)