AA3JU arrl cw 1996

George Cook george at epix.net
Tue Feb 20 11:47:23 EST 1996

                   ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST 1996

      Call: AA3JU                    Country:  United States (218)
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator High Power
                                               Assited (packet)

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160        4       12   3.0        4  Inverted L Raised Radials
       80       35      105   3.0       32  Twin Wire Yaggis
       40       44      132   3.0       36  Delta Loop/Dipole
       20       85      255   3.0       55  Gem Quad/ 5L wire yag @ 40'
       15       61      183   3.0       40  Gem Quad/HBrew Quad
       10        3        9   3.0        2  (Like it matters right?)
     --------------------------------------

     Totals    232      696   3.0      169  =   117,624

Equipment Description: Kenwood TS930, Henery 2K Classic-X, Homebrew
P53/100 that
constantly gets RF into it and locks up!

Stuff:
OK I admit it I stink as a CW contester OK!  But I got on so that when we
are at the FRC meeting and give out scores I don't have to sit there like
a mute.

+++++s
Dammit I worked China!  Yup finally put them in the old log what a great way
to celebrate the comming in of the year of the Rat!  Also a couple other
new band/mode countrys.  Also really happy I was in the same league on
10 that the really big guns were.  Spent all day on Saturday gearing up for
phone test in 2 weeks made new quad for 10/15 and can phase it with the Gem
Quad which is already a pretty good hunk of wire.  Signal reports on the
downstairs TV were Q5 LOUD on all bands.

-------s
Say I gotta ask this of TO5A, bad enough no one knew where you were located
but who was it that was opping on Sunday afternoon?  Did you like drink way
to much coffee or what dood?  Umm when I send QRS CL? at 22 wpm did you not
know what that meant?  OK I wasn't in it for much but something to do on
a Sunday so I waited like 3 minutes till I could copy your call.  So why
when I dropped my call did you say QSO B4?  I didn't give you a report B4
I identified my station B4 how many busted calls and non reports do you have
in your log anyway?

Club Affiliation: FRC

This is to certify that in this contest I ate lots of Kim Chee, swore
I would never do this again and only used approved log padding techniques.
I would never consider stealing a frequency or sending obnoxious
packet messages to my buds in FRC.

* George Cook   AA3JU  Bangor, PA  FN21         *
* george at peach.epix.net  AA3JU at N3IQD.EPA.USA.NA *
* If you're not FRC remember:...............    *
* .......There's no shame in being 2nd best!    *