KS4XG NAQP SSB Score

Pete Soper psoper at encore.com
Tue Jan 23 15:13:32 EST 1996

            NAQP/SSB January, 1996

    Callsign Used : KS4XG

              QTH : Central North Carolina (Apex, FM05oq)

         Category : Single Op

 Default Exchange : PETE NC

        Time "on" : 8 hours

      BAND    Raw QSOs  Valid QSOs  States, Provinces

       80      134       132         33
       40       12        12          7
       20       34        34         13
       15       10        10          8
       10        3         3          2
     --------------------------------------
     Totals    193       191    X    63  = 12033 points

Equipment:

        IC735 @ 100 watts, MFJ tuner, G5RV @ 50 ft, 2 element 20m quad
        (top @ 60 ft). Linux, vi and Perl scripts for logging.

Comments:

        Casual S&P as I did chores and hosted a dinner party. Got "serious"
after guests left but nothing was working except 80. Managed to run for the
last hour of the contest and more than double my score. High point was pulling
an Oregon QSO out on 80 before other station's crowding raised the noise
level. Chuckle of the day was getting multiple "big signal" reports on 80
from Quebec.