KM9P ARRL SSB SOA Unassisted Score

Bill Fisher, KM9P km9p at akorn.net
Sun Mar 3 22:25:01 EST 1996

          Q    C    D
 160     57   36    0  - 1/4 wve ele sloping vert wire w/ 4 rad.
  80    212   64    2  - delta loop center top fed @ 110'
  40    220   63    0  - 402CD / 402CD-fixed 115 / 55
  20   1187  104    4  - 204BA NE @ 45', 204BA W @ 105'
  15    145   59    2  - 6 / 6-fixed on 36' booms 60'/ 27'
  10     61   16    0  - 105CA @ 125'
 ALL   1882  342    8  - Bev NE/NW/SE aprox 600' to 800' long.

 ARRL Score: 1,930,932

IC761 - Henry 3K Classic
Omni-6 - Henry 2K-4, borrowed Alpha 76PA (160 only)

Never thought an SSB contest would be so fun at the bottom.  I had a great
time being a DXer on the low bands.  Slept 1.5 hours the first night, and 5
the second.  I can't believe how quiet it is in the middle of the natinal
forrest with beverages!

160M:  Worked everything I heard.  Usually with very few calls.

80M:    This was the first time I have ever used the delta loop on 80M for
DX.  It seemed to play.  I felt like I could hear anything, but judging by
those 80m numbers from XX and LPL I obviously couldn't.  Did anyone else get
harassed by the rednecks on your listening frequency?  Pretty comical.

40M:  Put a Nye tuner in line for the SWR.  Antennas seemed to work fine.
Wasn't awake either night for the west stuff.  Can't imagine I missed much.

20M:  Really frustrating not having a rotary antenna on 20M.  I'm sure it
cost me 15 mults and some Q's.  Imagine working 1200 Q's on this band with
an antenna that was only up 45' !!!!  Now imagine that is was just a 204BA.
Most of my QSO's were above 14.300Mhz.

15M:  Opened Saturday to Europe for about 1.5 hours.  Not much of an
opening.  Surprised to work many of the russian big guns like EM2I, etc.
Missed DL, G, ON, PA...  Weird.

10M:  Great opening on Sunday to LU.  Where was that LU novice band again?
Moved a couple carib guys to 10 and to their surprise I worked em.

Overall It's really fun operating from my own station.  Lots of victories in
this defeat!

73

Bill, KM9P