WB5M SS

Richard Thorne - WB5M rthorne at ibm.net
Mon Nov 18 12:55:29 EST 1996

--------------79C61B6221C

I was not too sure if I was going to be on this weekend or not.  My
tower is horizontal on top of my office building where I hope to get
it vertical soon.  Trent, KD5IA (now K5XM) let me borrow his station,
thanks Trent!!

Didn't do very well Saturday night.  15 and 20 died and 40 was tuff
and there was nothing going on on 75 (as far as I could hear).

I missed PR and YU.  I heard the YU pileup twice but couldn't here
Jay.

Lots to learn about contesting from WTX as most of my contesting
experience has been on the right coast.  I think the most important
thing I learned this year is what kind of antenna to have.  The answer
is two, one pointed east and one pointed west.  So when I put my tower
up I'll have to phase a couple of tribanders.

Anyways I had a lot of fun, it sure is neat when people come back to
you and say hi Rich.

73

--------------79C61B6221C

                        ARRL SWEEPSTAKES -- 1996

      Call: WB5M                     Country:
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

      160        0        0        -
       80       13       26        -
       40       81      162        -
       20      389      778        -
       15      184      368        -
       10        0        0        -
     -----------------------------------

     Totals    667     1334       76

               Score:  101,384

Power Output: 100_ watts     Hours of operation: 16__

Equipment Description: Rig    : TS-850S
                       10 - 20: KT34 @ 60'
                       40     : 4 switchable slopers
                       80     : Sloper