WT1O Multi/Single Low Power

bmelvin at benthos.com bmelvin at benthos.com
Mon Nov 18 12:38:10 EST 1996

WT1O Multi/single low power  EMA Section

204 by 54 = 22,032

ops - N1KRT, KV1X, KA1ZAK, WT1O

Omni D, KT34A @ 95' and wires
TS450S on 40 meter loop @ 75'

I was trying to drum up a little support for contesting so invited some
non contesters over to operate from my station on Saturday.  For most
their first time using a computer to log or having a beam to rotate.
Didn't really need the second radio.  It took the first 4 hours to work
out the bugs of contesting including sending the call sign phonetically,
sending the call sign in the exchange, not putting gaps in the exchange,
learning to log on the computer, how to check for dupes.  By the end we
were logging on the computer without the use of paper and trying a few
CQ's.  Plus the mention of a tower for N1KRT.  Had the required pizza
break and a constant supply of peanut M&M's.  Hopefully a good time was
had by all and we will see some new calls in our logs next year.

73's, Bob WT1O

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com