K4RO CQWW CW SOHP UNassisted

K4RO - Kirk Pickering k4ro at music-city.tdec.state.tn.us
Sun Nov 24 19:54:10 EST 1996

CQ WW SUMMARY SHEET                    Contest Dates : 23-Nov-96 - 24-Nov-96

Callsign Used : K4RO                   QTH: West of Nashville, TN   Zone 4

Category: Single Op High Power No Packet            Station:  IC-761
                                                              AL-811 ( 500W )
   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries   Zones  TR-LOG 5.91

  160CW       27          27         64        16         9   Sloping Vert.
   80CW       82          82        216        48        16   1/2 Sloper 70'
   40CW      154         152        394        69        27   Boom of PRO-57
   20CW      372         367        994        86        30   PRO-57A @ 98'
   15CW      239         237        659        87        26      "
   10CW       21          21         47        12         8      "

 Totals      895         886       2374       318       116

    Final Score = 1,030,316 points.

My second try at the WW.  I had a good time this year.  Still too
much S&P, I gotta try to run 'em more in this one.  CQ's often produced
nothing, but I that's partly how I'm gonna get the QSO total up.  Very
bad QRN on Saturday night rendered the low bands useless, even with a
Beverage.  Almost all 160-80-40 QSO's were made on the first night.  You
could tell when packet hit the rare ones.  Instant bedlam.  Also need to
learn to manage sleep (or lack thereof) better.  Nice being called by 9X4WW
and so many other great ops.  The amazing thing about the WW is that you
never know who you might work next.  You can still work a double mult like
a JW in the last 1/2 hour, for instance.  And you might break a million on
the next QSO!  What a contest!

Thanks for all the Q's worldwide.  This really is an amazing contest.

73  Kirk  K4RO

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com