CQWW CW Score, Single Op Single Band

Steven R. Schmidt k4wa at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 27 01:53:39 EST 1996

It seemed like I CQed incessantly, and futilely.  Many times I gave up CQing
and raised my rate by S&P.  Several times I'd find a clear frequency to CQ,
only to have other stations move in on top of me.  Once, a N?4? moved right
next to me and set up shop, after I'd been there working EU for thirty
minutes.  We competed for the same QSOs for awhile, then he asked me to QSY
a couple times.
I'm stubborn, I guess.  We probably both had a few broken Q's before he got
tired of me and went away.
I was surprised at the number of ops that refused to send their call.  Late
in the contest, that got frustrating.  In some cases I went ahead and called
them..that and the broken Qs explains a high number of dupes (6).  I was
also surprised at the ops who wouldn't reconfirm my corrected call when they
didn't have it right the first time.
Better luck next year, or perhaps a better QTH!

      Call: K4WA                     Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator Single Band

            15      366     1022     2.79     28      99

          Totals    366     1022     2.79     28      99  =>  129,794

        All reports sent were 599 05, unless otherwise noted.

        Equipment Description:  FT-1000MP, AL-811H, TH5mkII

        Club Affiliation: Southeastern DX Club

73,  Steve K4WA

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com