PJ5AA CQ 160 CW - SOHP

Mike Manafo 71053.1526 at compuserve.com
Wed Feb 12 14:19:55 EST 1997

               PJ5AA -- CQ 160 METER CONTEST -- 1997
                     "Mas vale tarde que nunca"

      Call: PJ5AA                    Country:  Sint Maarten
      Operator: K3UOC                Location: Sint Eustatius
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Op. High

               QSO   QSO PTS  STATES COUNTRIES

     Totals    118     810      29      23    =   42,120

Equipment Description:  IC-737 transceiver, AT-500 tuner, IC-2KL
linear, Bencher paddle, AEA Morse Machine, Inverted Vee for 160

Comments: Pileups on other bands kept me busy and usually away
from the contest.  Tnx to K6SSS for dragging me back to the top
several times.  Not much of a score in the contest, but DX-
pedition-wise, 4,550 contacts (12-160, all CW)in less than 4 days
at PJ5AA.  This was the 15th anniversary of my little excursions
to the Dutch Islands.  Thanks, as always to my gracious hosts,
Dave & Inez Shaw.
                                        Mike Manafo
                                        K3UOC at 7Z5OO
                                        Riyadh, Saudi Arabia