W0HSC ARRL DX CW LP

Patrick J Korkowski pkorkows at badlands.nodak.edu
Sun Feb 16 18:24:18 EST 1997

                   ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST 1997

      Call: W0HSC (op KB0O)
      Country:  United States
      Section:  ND
      Mode: CW
      Category: Single Operator, Low Power

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160        0        0   0.0        0
       80        1        3   3.0        1
       40       19       54   2.8       17
       20      276      825   3.0       60
       15       50      147   2.9       24
       10        2        6   3.0        1
     --------------------------------------

     Totals    348     1035   3.0      103  =   106,605

     This is assuming that KP3=KP4.  By the way, where is LZ0A?  It can't
     be Bulgaria.

Equipment Description:  IC 725, 100 Watts

Antennas:  Dipole @ 50', 3 element tribander at 55'

Comments:  On Sunday morning, me and WB0O were less than 1 kHz apart
           calling CQ.  I got nothing, he had a pile up.  No fair.
           I figured I had better find a clearer frequency, so I
           started tuning up the band.  Finally at 14.104.5 I found one.
           Is this a popular contest or what?  To my surprise, some of
           the DX stations actually wandered up that far, past all of the
           RTTY. For a little bit my last 10 rate read 138.5.  It
           has never even been remotely close to that before.  I found
           out this weekend that this contest is a lot more fun with
           yagis than dipoles.  The lowlight though, was breaking through
           the pileup on V51Z to have him tell me I was a dupe.  No, I
           think I would have remembered that.  Oh well.

73 de Pat, KB0O, former KB0IHM

I got rid of my old call sign so I wouldn't have to repeat all
of the dits anymore, but then I go and use W0HSC for the whole weekend.
Go figure.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com