ARRL DX CW - 7Z5OO

Mike Manafo 71053.1526 at compuserve.com
Mon Feb 17 03:04:53 EST 1997

            ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1997

      Call: 7Z5OO                 Country: Saudi Arabia
      Mode: CW                    Category: Single Operator
      Operator: K3UOC                       All Band, Hi Pwr

             BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    STATES/PROV

             160        0        0           0
              80        0        0           0
              40       21       63           3
              20       66      198          19
              15       81      243          17
              10        0        0           0
            -----------------------------------
            Totals    168      504          39  =   19,656

Not much time to devote to the contest this year.  Glad HZ1HZ
was in there to give out additional multipliers.  This contest
is tough for us as we need to get through that EU wall in order
to be heard in US/VE.  It was interesting to watch 20 open both
days.  Starting at 1100Z came VO1MP with tremendous EU pileups,
followed shortly by KC1XX, K1AR, N6BV, and K5ZD, pretty much in
that order.  Glad to have some long path both days on 40 and on
20 on Sunday.  W6YA continues to be the strongest LP from the
West Coast.

For DX Stations:  My congratulations to Fr. Ed Schmidt, OA4SS for
winning the "World Combined Score" plaque in the 1996 ARRL DX
Contest.  Did you score well as a SO in CW?  Best of luck in SSB!
This is the 10th year I have sponsored this award and I (and maybe
a few others) consider this to be the ultimate challenge of the ARRL
DX Contest - At the very least, it looks nice on your wall :-)

						Mike
						K3UOC at 7Z5OO

ARRL DX World Combined top score, 1986, 1987 from 4M4A
ARRL DX World Combined Score plaque, 1993 from 4M5V

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com