KC6CNV ARRLCW

KC6CNV at aol.com KC6CNV at aol.com
Tue Feb 18 20:02:30 EST 1997

Category : SOHPAB unassisted
Call:  KC6CNV
Power : 300 watts on all bands but 160 (40 w) and 40 (600 w)
Band    QSOs      points        countries
160       3              9                  2 /  80m sloper
80        58           174               27/  sloper
40        559         1677              67/  3 ele yagi @ 80 ft
20        330          990               66/  5 ele yagi @ 70 ft
15        68            204               28/  4 ele yagi @ 55 ft
10         3              9                   2/   4 ele yagi @ 50 ft
------
Totals  1021         3063             192

Final score : 588, 096 in 44 hours

Comments:  This was my first 1,000 q DX contest.  The condx were not good,
but I still had a lot of fun.  I live along a busy street in a populated area
and I have a lot of noise.  The noise is the worst when the antennas are
pointed parallel to the street,  which just happens to be the heading for JA.
 I missed several stations calling me on all bands due to this problem.
  Dont have a 160m ant yet, and was only able to work 2 XE's and a KH6.  My
father and I tried to fix our 6 ele 10 m ant last weekend, but we were
unsuccesful.  But 10 never did open up.  Only worked 2 LU's, and ZD8Z.  I
think my low mult total is due to the fact that I cant go in the low part of
the band, but that will change by next year.  Only worked one all time new
country,  GJ.

Highlights:  Being called by XU2FB and XU6WV on 40m.  Being called by XX9TR
and 9M2OM on 40 & 80m,  and working 10 BV's on 40 m.

73, Daniel Craig, age 16, KC6CNV

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com