W7VJ ARRLCW SOAB

Andrew O. Isar hcgi at nwlink.com
Tue Feb 18 20:18:12 EST 1997

160	1	1	Broken Inv. V @ 115'
80	50	23	Quad Loop @ 110'
40	414	61	2L at 130'
20	658	79	5L at 125' + KT34XA at 100'
15	76	29	6/6 at 120'/65'
10	2	1	6L at 70'

	1201	194	26 Hours

It was hard to do this contest as a partial effort but given work =
pressures and the need to build guys for the new tower, there was just =
no other way to do it.  Experienced one of the best 40M LP openings to =
EU in years with nearly a full hour of EU on Saturday morning local =
time.  20M runs to EU were great for this time in the cycle.  No 15M JA =
runs...only worked a few weak big guns on 15 by Saturday. =20

Highlights:  Working V51Z and OT7T on 80M  (A big deal for us west =
coasters; or at least for me);Getting called by D68;  Getting nearly a =
full night's sleep on both nights; and working lots of EUs;  Working =
LZ0A on 15.

Low Points: S/P on 15 what a drag; Having PY0FF telling me I was a dupe =
when I first called him on 15; not being able to do the entire contest.

The 24 hour formula was fun for a change particularly given the west =
coast doldrums during this part of the cycle.

73,  Andrew, W7VJ (ex-NN7L)

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com