RAC contest VE6PV

lightfoots lightfol at cadvision.com
Wed Jan 1 23:49:16 EST 1997

RESULTS from VE6PV- Shawn Lightfoot

Well, after all the tallying etc, we have reached the final outcome for the
1996 RAC Canada Winter Contest. Here are the details.

VE6PV

SINGLE OPERATOR-ALL BAND-HIGH POWER

BAND          RAW QSO        VALID QSO'S     POINTS
160SSB          12              12              96
160CW           4               4               32
80SSB           269             265             2,236
80CW            108             106             650
40SSB           73              73              740
40CW            59              59              418
20SSB           319             313             2,504
20CW            128             128             618
15SSB           32              32              282
15CW            23              23              152
10SSB           1               1               10
10CW            1               1               10
TOTALS=                 1029            1017            7,748PTS

MULTIPLIER TOTALS (FROM MULT CHECKSHEET)=74

FINAL CLAIMED SCORE= 7,748 X 74 =   573,352

EQUIPMENT
---------
Yaesu FT-101ZD, SB200 amp, stacked TH6's for 20,15, and 10, dipole for 80
meters, 40 meter dipole/vertical array, and top loaded vertical for 160.

COMMENTS
--------

Well, for my first official entry into any single op contest, I was
reasonably happy with the outcome. The participation on the whole, I felt
was very good, except those who are responsible for putting another contest
on 160CW at the same time.....we'll talk about it.

Disappointed in the participation on CW...for some reason it was a lot
tougher to dig up the mults on CW rather than phone. Propagation seemed to
be very good, providing good backskatter condx for the higher bands,
allowing some good mult to be had on 15 and 20 meters in the morning.
Special thanks to VY1JA, who tirelessly ran around the bands/modes handing
out the valued YT multiplier.

Was really happy with the performance of the new stacked yagis I just put
up recently. Learned in the SS contest not to use them in the
unidirectional configuration. Pointed them different directions, and
voila...QSO city.(would have missed the VE8 otherwise)
The 40 meter array proved to be a good performer, though next year hope to
have a yagi, and really get going.

Definately had a load of fun. I will make an effort to participate next
year as well. Thanks to everyone who took the time to slide around for
mults, and for all those who gave me a contact on any band. Met a lot of
old friends.

73 de Shawn

VE6PV
lightfol at cadvision.com

hmmmmm....where does this door GOOOOOoooooooooooooooo.......

|*  ANTENNA FARMS  *|

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com